This post brought to you by Jel Sert. All opinions are 100% mine.
Once a summer my mom would buy a HUGE package of Fla-Vor-Ice at our local Winn-Dixie grocery store. It was a marker for me, as a child, that summer had arrived. I would (dead serious, here) keep track of the number of each color that was available in the freezer at any given time, and would carefully plan the order in which I would eat them.
What can I say, I’ve been a planner all of my life! Of course, the life lessons I learned as I planned out my snack time treats were there, courtesy of my brother. He’d mess up EVERYTHING by eating the wrong flavor on the wrong day, causing me to have to rearrange my plans again and again. Good thing I was a kid and only had to worry about things like what to do when the green Fla-Vor-Ice was all gone by mid-July (green was my favorite!).
This year I started buying Fla-Vor-Ice for Darah. I’d like to share with you why this is a “mom approved” snack in my book:
- the cost! Fla-Vor-Ice is about 10 cents per serving. Can’t beat that!
- made with real fruit juice
- low in sugar (5g per serving for standard size)
- pantry friendly. I don’t have to stuff my freezer full of Fla-Vor-Ice
- freezer friendly. These freeze fast and don’t get freezer burn.
- portability. Just grab and go!
- refreshing. These are just perfect after a round of outside play.
- one family, one snack. These aren’t just for the kids in my house!
Darah seems to prefer the red Fla-Vor-Ice at the moment, which works out just great (more green for me!!!). And her favorite time to enjoy them is during her afternoon video time (3pm). I am very choosy with what she gets to eat at that time, as she is sitting on our leather couch and paying much closer attention to the screen than to her food. So it may surprise you to hear that she gets to eat a Fla-Vor-Ice then. But at her age, I haven’t found them to be messy. I think because they are SO yummy, she does take care to make sure she gets every last drop! 🙂
If you are a fan of Fla-Vor-Ice like my family is, consider liking Fla-Vor-Ice on Facebook. YOull find tons of fun image and information on the site. It will be worth your time, I promise!
What are you snacking on this summer?