Hello friends! My name is Tiffany, and I started this blog in September 2009 when my first daughter was just 7 weeks old. My goal was to share some of the information I was learning about the products that rocked for new parents.
My passion has evolved since that time, largely on account of the amount of time I spend making faces like this one:
You may recognize this face, since if you have small children at home, you no doubt make the same one. The reasons are too numerous to count, but can include the following: you realize poop is in your hair, your child started the day at 1am, or you haven’t showered in 3 days and start to Febreze yourself as a solution.
My friends, this is a season of life I refer to as the “in the weeds” season. It is REALLY tough, and I want you to know that you aren’t alone. I’m right there with you. I love to find ways to ease the stress of daily life in one way or another. That might mean finding a free way to get those pictures off your smartphone, or how to organize a deep freezer so you don’t forget about the food inside, revealing my secrets for early potty training, or even about getting into essential oils as a total skeptic. I know all too well what a tough season of life it is when your kids are young. I want you to know you aren’t alone, and that you aren’t crazy for finding that it just doesn’t all add up most days. Stuff Parents Need can be a resource for you as you seek tips, tricks and helpful products that will remove a little (or even a lot) of chaos from your life.
Blogging is about forming a community, and the Stuff Parents Need community is such a source of joy for me. I LOVE meeting new people and hearing about your own journeys as parents. Don’t be a stranger; reach out to me and introduce yourself!
Here’s some information you might find interesting about me:
1. I’m a Southern gal (from Alabama) married to a Northerner (Gasp! He grew up in Washington state).
2. I’ve been married since 2002 and Tim and I started our family in 2009.
3. We have two little girls: Darah (rhymes with Sarah), who turned 7 in August and Layah (like the Star Wars princess but spelled differently), who turns 5 in May.
4. We call Chattanooga, TN our home and we LOVE it here! We moved here 6 years ago after 6 great years in Memphis. We have no family nearby, and that is HARD!
5. These days I work from home full-time as a blogger (and as a mom!), but in a former life, I taught college students about world religions. Yeah, I have a master’s degree from Harvard University in Theological Studies. How’s that for random?!
Ready to join the fun? Subscribe now so you don’t miss a thing!
Need more convincing? Here’s a snippet of a comment that was recently left by a reader about SPN:
“I think you are one of the best reviewers out there and I love your blog! I have been reading it for at least a year if not more. You are so true to your style and actually review things yourself!” -Brandy