I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for GB. I received a product sample to facilitate my review and to thank me for my participation. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own!
When it comes to travel safety, there’s not much more important than a good car seat for your baby! We have a couple fun vacations planned this spring/summer that are going to have us in the car for several hours at a time, and I want to make sure my little ones are safe and comfortable for the whole ride.
If you’ve done any research on infant car seats you know that there are many options out there. I want to introduce you to a brand that I’d not heard of before – but I am definitely a fan now! GB has been manufacturing car seats for over 25 years. They also make strollers and travel systems (which are gorgeous, by the way!)
GB has taken protection to the next level with the FirmFit System on the GB Asana35 AP car seat! This special set of features offers protection like I’ve never seen in an infant seat before.
- The first FirmFit installation feature is the Load Leg. This thing is really cool, you guys! When I first saw it in photos I had no clue what this bar sticking off of the seat was. Once my husband (easily) installed the car seat base though, it made immediate sense. The FirmFit Load Leg descends from the car seat base and sits on the floor of your vehicle. It provides extra stability and support for your baby’s head, neck and spine in the event of a crash. I was very interested to learn that this feature has been used in Europe for many years and now GB is finally bringing it to the US! The Load Leg is height adjustable to fit in most vehicles.
- The second FirmFit installation feature is the FirmFit Arm. This lever in the center of the car seat base allows you to tighten the belt MUCH tighter than you would be able to on your own, providing much more security. Once we snapped that baby down there was NO play at all with the base. I’ve never gotten a seat so snug before! The FirmFit Arm actually provides an additional 20 lbs of force when securing the base.
- The third FirmFit installation feature is the FirmFit Harness. Most other car seats I’ve seen require the rethreading of the straps to adjust the shoulder height. No more with the GB Asana35 AP! All you have to do is pull on the strap in the front to make the harness snug and it automatically conforms exactly to your child’s height for the perfect safe positioning. So easy! The headrest moves along with the harness so there is always perfect side impact protection as your baby grows.
We absolutely love the GB Asana 35 AP! It definitely looks and feels like a high-end car seat. This thing is classy, you guys! We received the Fuzion Red color and it looks great in my husband’s sporty black-on-black car. (He is such a guy about keeping his car looking “cool”. And even he won’t stop talking about how much he loves this seat! He reports that Katrina loves riding in it too.) But beyond the color and the style, here are some of our favorite highlights:
- It has a nice, deep seat and the padding is cushy, comfy, and supportive.
- The shoulder height adjusts very easily – no strap re-threading needed. It automatically conforms to baby’s height!
- The car seat base is much more secure than any other seat we’ve tried. The FirmFit Arm lever in the center of the base tightens the belt another 2”-3” beyond what you could do on your own.
- The FirmFit load leg keeps the base tight and balanced with no play at all. I am confident that my baby’s head, neck and spine would be well-protected in the case of a crash.
I have absolutely no concerns about my daughter’s safety in this seat! My only complaint is that it doesn’t come in a convertible version for when she outgrows the height limit on this one. (sniff!)
Interested in buying the GB Asana35 AP infant car seat? It’s available at BabiesRUs.com! If you’d like to see a little more about how the FirmFit features work first, you can check out a demonstration here: http://bit.ly/1GciN1O
Follow GB on social media!
GB website: http://gbchildusa.com
GB Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/
GB Twitter page: @GBChildUSA
GB Pinterest page: https://www.pinterest.com/
GB Instagram: @GBChildUSA