I first learned of Kim & Scott’s Gourmet Pretzels while reading Good Enough is the New Perfect. Kim was featured in the book, and she really sounded like a sensible woman who worked very hard to get where she is, and who had a partner who backed her up 100%. I was very intrigued to learn more about this dynamic duo. And yeah, their pretzels sounded delicious, too!
- all natural
- made from premium ingredients
- good source of whole grains
- twisted by hand
- made from scratch
- no preservatives
- no trans fats
- no hydrogenated oils
And here are their flavors (get ready for your mouth to start watering!):
- Traditional Bavarian
- Sourdough Parmesan
- Apple Cinnamon
- Cheddar Jalapeno
- Chocolate Crumb
- Cinnamon Roll
- Cream Cheese
- Egg and Cheese
- Grilled Cheese (my personal favorite!)
- Pizza Pretzel
- Spinach Feta
Hungry yet? I thought so! One of the things that really impressed me about these pretzels is that they are quite delicious even when cooked in the microwave. I often find that products like this are very compromised if you don’t cook them in a toaster oven. While I think these do taste better that way, as well, I still found the microwaved version to be very yummy, which means these make excellent snacks for when you are in a hurry.
I found these pretzels to be an excellent stand-alone meal (Tim and I would each eat a savory pretzel and then share a sweet pretzel for dessert). They also are a terrific companion to other food (try them along with a nice big salad or a cup of soup!). And I also found that they are delicious for breakfast, lunch or dinner, which makes them a very versatile option to have on hand. They go right in your freezer and will be ready whenever you are, or you can pop them in your fridge as long as you eat them within a few days.
In addition to the fact that the founders sound awesome and the pretzels taste divine, there’s one more reason I’m a big fan of Kim & Scott’s Gourmet Pretzels: they really and truly give back. They have created “Pretzels with a Purpose,” and it has 4 initiatives:
1. Pretzel “Dough” — This is very similar to the boxtop program that is very popular. Participating schools can collect the UPCs from Kim & Scott’s Gourmet Pretzel items, and each UPC will get them $1.00. Wow! Most similar programs donate .10-.20, so this is incredible.
2. Pretzels for Peace – The company supports organizes that teach children to embrace diversity and work to promote peace in communities.
3. Pretzel Power – High school students are brought into the baker and have the opportunity to job shadow several different positions within the business in exchange for high school credit. The hope is that Kim & Scott’s Gourmet Pretzels will encourage entrepreneurship.
4. Green with a Twist – Every April, in celebration of Earth Day, this company will plant one tree for every online order that is placed. They have been doing this since 2008.
So as you can see, this is a company that has not only a passion for making truly great pretzels (and they are great!) but also a heart for making the community a better place. This is the kind of business that I want to support with my dollars, for sure.
And hopefully you do, too! You can do that by checking out where Kim & Scott’s pretzels are sold, and pick some up to try! You won’t be disappointed!
Disclosure: I received complimentary products for review purposes. The opinions expressed here are strictly my own.