This post brought to you by Puerto Rico, The All-Star Island. All opinions are 100% mine.
This year I got my first taste of the Caribbean when I got to see a few of the islands. My stays there were terribly brief, which left me wanting more! As I flew home from St. Maarten, I realized that a cruise ship wasn't the only way to stay and play. I could hop on a plane and go directly to the paradise, and then stay for as long as I want (or can afford!).
And I have already picked out where I want to go: Puerto Rico! You don't even have to have a passport or exchange currency to enjoy this gem of the Caribbean. I've been checking out SeePuertoRico.com and I've been completely wowed by how they showcase all the ways you can Live your own 5-star vacation story in Puerto Rico.
Puerto Rico is a golf-lovers paradise. Golf isn't really my thing, though, but just look at the list of things I have come up with to do while visiting. There's truly something for everyone!
1. See a rainforest, El Yunque (this is something on my bucket list!)
2. Practice yoga in a beautiful forest setting
3. Experience some of the best snorkeling in Puerto Rico at Carlos Rosario Beach.
4. See el Casa de Libro (the House of the Book) which contains some signed documents from Columbus' second voyage!
5. Go to a coffee tasting. I counted 5 places in Puerto Rico that offer special experiences to coffee lovers. Sign me up!
6. Eat at Food Network Star Roberto Travino's Budatai restaurant (or 1 of the 3 other restaurants he owns in Puerto Rico!).
7. Sleep in at the Turtle Bay Inn, a green hotel on the island.
8. Explore some of the over 270 miles of coastline, including Flamenco Beach, which is known as one of the best beaches in the world.
9. Glow like an angel in a bioluminescent bay.
10. Explore San Juan and take a historical tour.
11. Explore the third largest subterranean river in the world…and do it on horseback!
I saw countless world-class attractions being offered in Puerto Rico for sports enthusiasts, nature lovers, beach bums, and everyone in between.
Have you ever been to Puerto Rico? I would really love to hear about where you stayed and what you did. And if you haven't been, then you definitely need to check out SeePuertoRico.com. Leave a comment letting me know what you'd want to check out first!
And don't forget to Like SeePuertoRico.com on Facebook and Follow @PRTourismCo on Twitter. These are both fantastic ways to get to explore the island from your own home, and to get ideas to help you make a future trip there a 5 star experience.