The irony of what I’m about to say isn’t lost on me, but I’m going to say it, anyway, because it is true. I put, “light a candle” on my to do list twice a week, as a way to help me relax and slow down. Believe me, if I didn’t put it on that list to be marked off, it would rarely happen, even though I absolutely love when a room has a candle in it. I’m such a busy body during the day that I literally have to force myself to do something relaxing for a few minutes, or else I’ll just keep barreling through, usually feeling quite burned out and grumpy by dinner time.
Until recently, the days when I would light my candles were Tuesdays and Thursdays. This is because these are the days when Darah is out of the house for a few hours. When there’s a toddler at home, I’m just way too nervous to have a lit candle going. Not only am I afraid that I’ll absentmindedly put it somewhere she can reach, but I’m also afraid that I’ll forget all about it in the midst of playing with Darah, and cause some sort of fire.
But friends, there is the COOLEST alternative out there, and it is just perfect for anyone who craves the warmth and calm that can only be brought about by candlelight, but who just can’t, for whatever variety of reasons, have a tiny little fire burning in your house.
This is the alternative you have been seeking. These are flameless candles. There is a “flame,” and it even flickers, but it isn’t fire. It is LED lighting! It lasts an average of 450 hours before the batteries need to be replaced. Amazing!
There are just so many great things to say about these candles! Aside from the point I made earlier about how much safer they are when children are at home, here are some other reasons I love them so much.
- You can literally leave these on all day and all night, if you so desire (or if you forget about them). The batteries last hundreds of hours.
- Some of the models have timer settings so that they will automatically go off after 4, 6 or 8 hours. This is perfect for when you are having a social function!
- They are sooo nice to have when the power goes out (and I already know this from experience). No need to fumble around in the dark for matches, and they are super safe to put in a child’s room for lighting.
- The wide variety of candles (styles, textures and scents) rivals what you might find in a candle shop. There’s truly something for everyone!
- The level of detail is amazing! The tops of our candles have a bit of a curve at the top, so they already look like they have been used a few times.
Affiliate links may be included at no cost to you.