Diet Coke recently asked me to come up with a list of sweet things that bring joy to my life. What a fun challenge! I thought I’d skip all the really deep stuff (like my kids, my spouse, etc.) and keep it light…just like Diet Coke!
- Sweet wine (I used to be embarrassed that I liked the sweeter wines, as I’ve been told that’s the sign of an undistinguished palette. But then I got over it!)
- Torrential downpours (especially in the middle of the afternoon, right when you are feeling a little sleepy!)
- Scones with butter and jam (I’d never eaten a scone until I had the opportunity to study in England for a summer while in college. We at them every morning. I brought back so many great memories and also several pounds. Worth it!)
- The Chi Omega symphony (yes, I was in a sorority. And I never cared too much for the parties. But I loved the symphony, which is a beautiful poem about the power of sisterhood. Nerd alert, right here! Any chi o’s in the audience? Send a little hoot my way!)
- Lipstick in tiny plastic tubes (I’m talking about Avon samples. They remind me of my childhood SO much. I positively squeal when I see them!)
- The Bellagio (Quite possibly one of the most beautiful buildings I have ever seen. And in Las Vegas, of all places. Leave it to me to go to Sin City and find the Garden of Eden!)
- photo credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/stuckincustoms/3888356671/
- Jelly Belly (I’m particularly fond of the popcorn flavor!)
- Scrubs (the world’s greatest pajamas!)
- Pad Thai (when it is done right, meaning when I’m not the one cooking it, it is heavenly!)
- The sound of a Diet Coke can being popped open (I have an immediate “Pavlov’s dog” response to it!)
So now you know just a little bit more about me. What’s something sweet that brings you joy?
I am serving as an ambassador for Diet Coke. However, no compensation was received for this post. These are strictly my happy things! 🙂