Products provided for review purposes, and affiliate links included. All thoughts and opinions are my own, as always.
A few months back I wrote a Beauty Box 5 review (go check it out if you missed it because I did a fun video unboxing!). I just received November’s box and I wanted to show it to you. As noted previously, I’m really drawn to this particular subscription box because the contents are a fun mix of higher end, boutique and mass market (drugstore) brands, and that’s exactly what my makeup and beauty purchases are: a mixture. I can’t afford to only buy from places like Sephora, but I also know that sometimes the higher prices can be justified. But it can be tough to roll the dice on a higher-end product if you don’t know for sure; Beauty Box 5 gives you the opportunity to try things out so you can see how you like them!
Ok, so here’s the November box.
Based on the offered retail values, I estimate the worth of the contents to be about $14.50, as 3 of the 5 items included are sample sizes.
Here’s what came in the kit, ranked in the order from least exciting to most exciting (for me, personally).
1. DenTek Floss Picks and Case. For me, the case is a waste of plastic as are the picks. Just use some floss, people.
2. Dove Deep Moisture Body Wash. I actually like Dove, but I prefer to use soap over body wash, so I wasn’t thrilled to see this.
3. Laura Ashley Body Butter. Ok, in some ways I was VERY excited to see this. I grew up absolutely adoring a particular fragrance at Laura Ashley, so this took me back. But I found the scent choice (Italian Lemon) to be very odd for November. I don’t want to smell like lemons this time of year, so I’ll be setting this aside until May or June.
4. HASK Macadamia Revitalizing Shine Oil. Super pumped to see this as I have very dry hair. I’m hoping the bottle might actually have more than one application in it.
5. Nicka K New York Eye light Crayon. The color is rich and I love that there is a sharpener in the bottom of the crayon so you can double this eyeshadow as an eyeliner if you want. Great product and a great price (it retails for just $4.49!).
Beauty Box 5 is available for $12/month, but I really think you should go all in and get the yearly subscription, as it’s just $99 (and that includes free shipping!), bringing your monthly box cost down quite a bit to just $8.25. I think that’s a pretty affordable little indulgence for you to have every month, and a really fun way to try something new.