Darah will be back in school in 2 short weeks. In 2 1/2 short weeks, I predict she will get her first case of the crud for the school year. I know, I’m not very optimistic. But if you have kids in school, then you know I speak the truth. When that crud crosses the threshold of Darah’s room, we’ll be ready, though. We are armed with the most fierce secret weapon out there.
Crane, the makers of the cutest humidifiers in the history of life (including the pig humidifer, which we own), also has air purifiers specially designed for children’s rooms. Our penguin is named Aaron (since he cleans the air). He may look adorable, but he is a death sentence to germs, dust and dander.
Here are the features of the Crane Personal Air Purifiers:
- Five level filtration helps remove airborne allergens, bacteria, viruses and germs.
- Germicidal UV light kills viruses and bacteria to deliver germ-free fresh air.
- True HEPA filter captures up to 99.97% of airborne dust as well as pollen as small as 0.3 microns from air passing through the filter.
- HEPA filter also helps reduce smoke, mold spores and pet dander.
- Active carbon filter captures large particles as well as common household odors caused from tobacco, pets, garbage and cooking by absorbing them in the active carbon filter.
- Photocatalyst filter works in conjunction with the internal UV light to create advanced oxidation that eliminates airborne odors and neutralizes odors and harmful fumes.
- Washable particle filter uses a foam filter to help capture larger airborne particles and helps extend the life of the HEPA filter.
- Three-speed control as a low noise setting for continuous quiet operation
- Easy-to-change filters
- Tip-over switch with auto-shut-off function.
In addition to all of these great features, we find that the penguin is great at providing white noise. We have a fan that we run in Darah’s room at night for that purpose, but I think that we can now replace it with the penguin. And the penguin is doing a lot more for the air quality than that fan was!
The filter in the air purifier does need to be replaced, roughly every 2-3 months, just depending on use (we run the purifier overnight as our standard practice). The instructions for replacing them couldn’t be easier, and are located on the inside of the penguin (hooray for not having to go find the instruction manual!).
We are extremely pleased with the Crane Personal Air Purifier. It is a comfort to me to know that Darah’s room has the cleanest air in the house and that when she comes home with all those germs, she only needs to go play in her room to have the airborne ones be eliminated! Love it! Darah’s bathroom also houses the cat litter box, and I have noticed a SIGNIFICANT improvement in the air quality there, as well.
Click here to check out a list of national stores where Crane products are sold.
Edit: this giveaway is closed.
Win it!: One lucky Stuff Parents Need reader will win a Crane Personal Air Purifier in your choice of penguin or shark (SRP $79.99)!! The contest will run until September 4th at 11:59pm EST when a winner will be selected via And the Winner Is. The winner will have 48 hours to respond to winning notification before the prize is forfeited and a new winner is selected. Open to residents of the United States. Limit one entrant per household, please.
Mandatory entry: Tell me which product, specifically, Crane makes that you would love to have in your home.
1. Sponsor love: Like Crane USA on Facebook
2. Blogger love: Subscribe to Stuff Parents Need by RSS or email
Be sure to enter my other current giveaways, found on the sidebar of my blog.
Disclosure: I received a complimentary product for review purposes. The opinions expressed here are strictly my own. This post contains affiliate links.