A good friend of mine recently shared this fun tip with me for what to do with your leftover essential oils bottles. I thought the idea was pure genius, because it ensured that you will get every last drippity drop out of your bottles. Quality essential oils are not exactly cheap, so I’m all for any hack that will help me make sure no drop gets wasted!
Here’s a 1 minute video showing you exactly what I’ve done with all my 5 ml bottles that came in the Young Living premium starter kit.
Very simple, right? All you need to do is grab a glass container (glass is important because essential oils will eat plastic!). Fill it with Epsom salts (I found mine at Walgreens for just $4 and I didn’t even use the entire bag! You can also find it on Amazon).
Don’t forget to take apart the bottles, meaning to take off the caps, take off the little stopper pieces, and to throw all of those in the mix, as well. All of them have tiny little scraps of essential oils on them, and the Epsom salts will pull them out!
Since the end result is still going to be bath salts that only have trace amounts of essential oils, I don’t think it too much matters which oil bottles you add. I added every single empty bottle I currently own, and I plan to keep adding to it as I empty more bottles!
Let me know if you try this essential oils hack out and what you think!
Other Helpful Essential Oils Posts
- Starting My Oil Journey as a Skeptic
- How to Get Started with Essential Oils
- Essential Oils for Weight Loss
- Natural Allergy Relief
- My TV segment on natural allergy relief and Young Living
- DIY Shower Disks for Congestion
- Sugar and Essential Oils Scrub for Keratosis Pilaris (bumpy skin)
- How to Get Rid of Hiccups with Peppermint Oil
- How to Get Free Essential Oils Without Starting a Business (It’s EASY!!!)
- Use Lemon Essential Oil to Safely Remove Crayon Marks
- How to Strengthen Brittle Nails with Essential Oils
- How to Neutralize Bathroom Odors in a Flash