I knew right away with this pregnancy that I would be wanting a new diaper bag. I didn’t have to search for one for long, thanks to Adelina Madelina! Adelina Madelina is a new line of diaper bags for the modern mom on-the-go. I received a complimentary “It’s a Breeze” Backpack to try out and review, and I love it!
With my first baby, I was sure I was going to love my old diaper bag. It was red, so what’s not to like, right?! It had everything I thought I’d need, and I was super excited. However, once my daughter arrived and I realized how much stuff you actually have to tote around for a tiny little person, I started regretting my diaper bag choice. I could never get everything I wanted in there. (Not to mention that the pretty red fabric was filthy after daily use!) I knew I was going to need something a little more roomy this time, especially with a preschooler AND a newborn.
A friend of mine had a backpack-style diaper bag, and I was always jealous of how easy it was for her to throw her bag on her back and still have her arms free to carry her baby and carseat. I was very interested in trying this backpack style for myself so I was thrilled to find that Adelina Madelina offers a backpack-style diaper bag. I chose the “It’s a Breeze” Backpack in Night/Night. It’s so fancy! (In hindsight I do think I would have preferred one of the patterned designs they offer rather than so much glossy black, but I do think the solid black bag will be great for my winter baby.) And the best part? It is going to be SOOO easy to wipe clean. No more stained fabric!!!
Adelina Madelina is a new company, founded in 2013, and they aim to make a mom’s life easier through versatility, organization, and style. Sounds great, right?! Their bags are available in four different styles and several different patterns. You can purchase them online (they offer a $5 flat shipping rate!) or exclusively at Babies R Us. The price point is $74.99-$85.99, which is a bit more than I would normally spend, but I do think it’s comparable to some of the other high quality bags out there. Another great thing about Adelina Madelina is that they give back to the community, making a difference in the lives of others – for each bag sold, they donate 1% to the Autism Research Institute, which is a non-profit organization that advocates for people with autism. Awesome!
Some of my favorite things about my new diaper bag are:
- Adjustable straps – Not only can this bag be worn as a backpack, it can also be carried over the shoulder or cross-body!
- Stroller clips – a must for when you’re out and about.
- Easy to clean – and PVC free!
- Lots of pockets, inside and out, with several zip, velcro, and magnet closures to keep things from falling out. It also has a large flap over the top for those days when I need to just throw things in and flip it shut without worrying about zipping or snapping.
Just a couple things I think could be improved on the bag are:
- No bottle pockets inside – As a breastfeeding mama, I like to keep a couple cold bottles inside with an ice pack. I’m afraid that storing my bottles on the outside will let them get warm. (Though my daughter VERY rarely ever took a bottle, so this may be a non-issue anyway for some!)
- Not quite big enough – While this bag is bigger than my old one, once I stuffed it full of onesies, receiving blankets, bottles, diapers, wipes, etc., it was still pretty darn full. When the interior pockets are filled it really cuts into your space in the large compartment. But while it was snug from side to side, I did have a few inches of room on the top to add more, which is definitely an improvement from my last bag!
- The front magnet is a little hard to close – The front flap closes easily, but it’s not very easy to actually get the magnet closure to clasp. It’s not a big deal if you throw the bag over your shoulder or clip it to the stroller, but I’d want to make sure it was secured if I was wearing it as a backpack.
Overall, I think this is going to be a great bag. I’m excited to use it! If a backpack is not your style, they also have a tote, a hobo, and a satchel. Check out the other fun colors and patterns they offer! Which one would you choose?
Thanks to Adelina Madelina for providing the diaper bag for review. All thoughts and opinions expressed here are strictly my own.