I recently applied for a very cool blogging program put out by Nutrisystem to join their program for four months. You see, I’ve been about 20 pounds overweight….for FOREVER. It just seems to be where my body likes to hang out (no, I don’t think it is all genetics…it most definitely has to do with my eating and exercise habits, or lack thereof). You can imagine that the response they got when they made the call for bloggers was overwhelming, and yours truly wasn’t selected for the campaign. However, they did offer to let me do a 10 day challenge with them and tell you all about my experience. I thought it sounded like an awesome opportunity, so I jumped on it!
Please watch my video (just 3 minutes) where I give you the skinny (tee hee) on the program and an EXCELLENT free tool from Nutrisystem!
The app I mentioned in the vlog is wonderful and wonderfully free! You can download it here.
Ok, so now it is time for me to give you the scoop on the breakfast foods I tried from Nutrisystem. Please note that what I tried is not even close to their full breakfast menu, and I can only speak for what I have sampled.
My overall thought is that if I were to use Nutrisystem to help me lose weight, long term, I would probably skip most of their frozen breakfast offerings. No, I would NOT skip breakfast (this is a terrible idea, dieting or not!). I’m just more of a cereal gal, and many of the meals I tried were egg-based, which just isn’t my thing. If it is your thing, then they do have several good choices! I would also try their oatmeal, as I personally find oatmeal to be really filling.
Here’s what I did try:
- Garden Vegetable Omelet (2.5 out of 5 stars…I really don’t like red and green bell peppers, which are in this dish)
- Golden French Toast (2 out of 5 stars…tasted fine, but really, it was just a piece of lightly sweetened frozen bread)
- Breakfast Burrito (3 out of 5 stars, though I suspect folks who like eggs will find this one to be a winner, as it is quite filling)
- Ham and Cheese Omelet (3 out of 5 stars)
- Homestyle Pancakes (4 out of 5 stars…the portion size is disappointing, but I guess what I’m realizing is that I eat much larger portions than I really need. The pancakes heat up nicely and are rockin’ with a serving of fresh fruit on top)
I’ll be back in a few days to tell you all about lunch with Nutrisystem!
In the mean time, I’d love to hear what you eat for breakfast! Any tips for getting a good morning energy boost without loading up on too many calories?
Disclosure: I participated in a 10 day challenge with Nutrisystem and was provided with complimentary products in exchange for my honest opinions.