This post brought to you by DairyPure Milk. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Stuff Parents Need.
During the school year I confess that we fell into a bit of a funk with our breakfast options. Like most families, we are usually a bit rushed during those first few hours of the day as we prepare to launch in all our separate directions. I found myself buying the same 2-3 things for our breakfasts simply because they seemed to be quick and to be consumed without complaint.
For this recipe, I really wanted to keep the ingredient list simple and pure, with unprocessed ingredients for a fresh, healthy start to the day. That’s why I went for DairyPure milk, which comes only from cows fed a healthy diet, and that is continuously quality tested to ensure purity. Keeping artificial growth hormones out of our milk is a priority for my family, personally, and I like that it is also a priority for DairyPure (though I am required to state the following: “No significant difference has been shown between milk derived from cows treated with the artificial growth hormone rbST and non‐rbST‐treated cows”).
So here’s what I put in my peachy protein shake if you want to give is a try with your family (especially any of your protein-averse kiddos!).
Peachy Protein Shake
prep time: 5 minutes
total time: 6 minutes
- 3 peaches, pitted and sliced
- 1 package (12-16 oz) tofu, silken preferred
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 1/4 cups DairyPure milk
- 1/4 cup honey
1. Place sliced and pitted peaches into a blender.
2. Puree peaches until smooth. Remove from the blender and set aside. Wash out the blender. 3. Add chopped tofu, sliced bananas, honey and DairyPure milk to the blender. 4. Blend until smooth.