I believe that what someone carries in their handbag says a lot about who they are and what matters to them. The same might also be said for what someone carries as their handbag. What does it say about me that I am rocking an upcycled seatbelt bag these days?
You read that correctly: my handbag, courtesy of Maggie Bags, is made out of upcycled seatbelts. Wanna see?
Here’s what this bag signifies to me, personally:
- Reinvention: something I am also going through, professionally!
- Thinking outside of the box yields awesome results
- Beauty can be found in unexpected places
- It feels good to support small businesses and creative thinkers
Every year, millions of yards of seatbelt material are rejected by the automakers industry due to their rigorous standards. Maggie Bags is working hard to keep that rejected product out of the landfills, and to find new uses for it. They make bags in every color of the rainbow as well as in several styles. My Cicily Tote is perfect for my day-to-day needs. It is smaller than the handbag I replaced it with, and yet I am finding that it is still big enough to hold all I need to carry.
Speaking of all that I need to carry, here’s what you’ll find in my purse these days (affiliate links below).
1. Tag from Reviewer’s Retreat. I just got back from a conference that focused on working with brands. I learned a lot!
2. Lens cap for my camera. I actually keep my camera in my bag, but needed it to take the picture, so the lens cap had to do! Here’s a link to my camera if you want to check it out.
3. My iPhone. With a custom cover in my 2 favorite colors: purple and green.
4. Fiber One brownie. That’s an on-the-go snack for mommy!
5. Sunscreen in stick form. This is the most travel-friendly way of carrying sun protection. No judgement that my sunscreen has SpongeBob on it, ok?
6. Earth’s Best snack bar. I’ve pretty much always got at least one Earth’s Best item in my purse at all times.
7. Pearl earrings. Always be prepared to get dressed up at a moment’s notice, ladies!
8. Business cards. If you are promoting a business, you need to be ready at all times to make a new connection. I handed out dozens of these at my recent conference, but I also hand them out from time to time when I’m just out and about and meet someone!
9. Ear plugs (which, for some strange reason, I call “beans”). I CANNOT sleep without ear plugs. So they need to go with me everywhere. Just in case an opportunity for a cat nap presents itself! These ear plugs are my favorites.
10. Liz Claiborne wallet. I bought this wallet at Filene’s Basement in Boston in 2003. I have used it every day for the past 10 years. It is still going strong!
11. Wendy’s frosty coupon. I paid $1 for this (.80 of which went back to the Dave Thomas Foundation). Every time from now through December 31st of this year when I show this card, I get a free small purchase with any purchase at Wendy’s. That thing rocks!
12. Lipstick. Of course! For the summer, my go-to shade is Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick, Iced Amethyst.
What are you carrying in your purse these days? Would you like to be carrying those things in a Maggie Bag? Use coupon code SPN15 to save 15% (now through 07/31!).
Win it!: One lucky Stuff Parents Need reader will win a Cicily Tote just like the one I reviewed (your choice of color!) from Maggie Bags!
Be sure to enter my other current giveaways, found on the sidebar of my page.