Thanks to Six Flags Over Georgia, for naming me a Six Flags Supermom and partnering with me for this compensated opportunity. All thoughts and opinions expressed here are strictly my own.
As we are getting closer and closer to Halloween and are being fully immersed in all things spooky right now, I just want to give a special shout out to all the fraidy cats out there. Raise your hand if you could never get through a full episode of Nickelodeon’s Are You Afraid of the Dark?, even once you were far too old to be freaked out by it.
Yup, that would be me. I still can’t watch that stuff, so nobody send me Youtube clips or you’ll cause me to go hide in my closet with my flashlight.
So haunted houses, night-time corn mazes and all of that scary stuff just isn’t my thing. Even if it is done extremely well, like Fright Fest at Six Flags Over Georgia. For those of you who love to be scared (and there are SO many of you! I don’t get it, but to each his own…), I’ve got some more information to share with you on how you can spend your evenings with Six Flags. Just bring an extra pair of jeans, as you just may have the pants scared off of you. Don’t say you weren’t warned!
Thrills by Night
On weekend nights throughout October, you’ll find zombies, Vampires and ghouls roaming throughout Six Flags Over Georgia. For 2013, there are some brand new attractions that are going to make fans of fear totally freak out (but that’s what you want, am I right?)!
- Monstrosity Championship Wrestling – It’s Frankenstein vs. Dracula or a Werewolf vs. Zombie at this unbelievably frightening show! Watch age-old monsters battle it out in this amazing epic battle.
- Terror Trail Backwoods Bloodshed – The cannibalistic carnivores are back and more brutal than ever. Visit the Bloodtown Lumber Yard where the murders began years ago and try to survive where so many before have not. (Additional fee required)
- Asylum – Dr. Fright releases the mentally insane from the institution. The most evil, sadistic patients are escaping and roaming the grounds near Axis Asylum!! (Additional fee required)
- Kill Island –As chaos runs wild in the streets of Six Flags, groups are formed and factions begin fighting, the secrets of Kill Island are revealed and the evil just might catch guests as they escape from the island. ! (Additional fee required)
In addition to these new attractions, you’ll also find 5 new scare zones. These are basically great places to do a little trespassing, and then really regret it!
- Mummy’s Tomb – Beware as mummies terrorize anyone who dares to disturb their slumber. It is a life or death race before the Pharaoh casts his curse to forever entrap anyone that ventures into his tomb.
- Monster Graveyard –Dracula is building an army with everyone’s favorite classic monsters intent on terrorizing those who make the mistake of entering the Monster Graveyard.
- Dracula’s Lair – Dracula and his brood of bloodthirsty vampires are hungry and have been waiting for prey! The Monster Graveyard culminates in this den of the undead.
- Freak Show – Step right up to see some of the most grotesque creatures Dr.Fright has to offer. Stare in wonder at the half man/half animal mutants!
- Zombie Quarantine – Dr. Fright wages mass chemical warfare in the British Section of the park to build an army of zombies to help Baron von Vile retain control of Fright Fest.
And of course, fan favorites will be on hand this year, including attractions like the Terror Train, The Last Ride, and the scary show Dr. Fright’s Dead Man’s Party.
So all of that sounds like something that would cause me to have multiple heart attacks because I’d be SO scared! But if you love the scary element of Halloween, then you pretty much can’t do it bigger and better than Six Flags, so be sure to go and check it out!
Thrills by Day
As for me and my crew, we are much more interested in what Six Flags is offering guests during the day. And they have a TON!
It’s all about family fun on weekend days. BUGS BUNNY’s Spooky Town is the hub of much of the fun, and that’s where you’ll find trick-or-treating, pumpkin painting, spooky story time and other fun surprises.
Kids are encouraged to wear their costumes and register for the costume contest at the BUGS BUNNY World Theater. I love the costume element, as my little ones want to wear their costumes pretty much any chance they get!
And speaking of costumes, I absolutely love that you’ll find some of the loveable characters in the Monster Mansion getting in the Halloween spirit and sporting their costumes, as well!
Perhaps what I’m looking forward to the most, though, is a brand new feature for 2013: the Lickskillet Harvest Festival. In the playground area, they have arts and crafts, festival foods and photo opportunities set up. Fall festivals are one of my favorite things to do this time of year, and I think it is so awesome that I can get a taste of my favorite thing to do this season while also having an awesome day at Six Flags with my family.
Operating hours for Fright Fest are weekends only (including Friday nights) now through October 27th. The park is open 6pm to midnight on Friday, October 18 and 25. It is open from 11 am to 11 pm on Saturdays and noon to 10 pm on Sundays. The transition from daytime thrills to nighttime frights happens at 6pm, and if you happen to still be there with little ones at that time, you can pick up a ghoul-b-gone ring for your child to wear. All scary creatures roaming around will be warded off by that ring! I really appreciate that Six Flags thought of this idea. Now does the ring come in adult sizes, as well???
If all of the fun stuff happening this month at the park wasn’t enough of a reason to come check it out, you should also be aware that Six Flags Over Georgia 2014 Season Passes are currently on sale at the absolute lowest prices of the year. If you purchase them, you are treated to unlimited visits for the rest of the 2013 season as a bonus. Woo hoo! And when you purchase a Season Pass four-pack, you get a free upgrade to a Gold Season Pass, which includes free admission and free season parking to any Six Flags Theme Park. This offer expires October 27th, so jump on it before prices go up!