This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf Success® Rice. All thoughts and opinions are my own, as always. I hope you enjoy the stuffed bell peppers recipe!
Am I the only one out there who still struggles to cook brown rice? Surely not! My kitchen is simply too small to allow for a rice cooker (or really most any device that only serves one purpose). And if I forget to think about the rice until 15 minutes before dinner, I’m in trouble, as I find that brown rice takes 45-50 minutes to be ready from the time I first put water in the pot.
I grew up eating Success® Rice, which is why I honestly thought that rice took 10 minutes to cook, all the time, always. My family tries hard to eat brown rice most of the time, though it is not unusual for me to think about starting to make the once it is too late to get the brown rice done, and so we eat white rice by default since it’s faster.
But now there’s Success® Whole Grain Brown Rice, and all is right with the rice world, once again. I can now make brown rice for my family in 10 minutes!
I’ve even put together a really beautiful and yummy stuffed bell peppers dish that ordinarily would have taken close to an hour and a half to make, and now can be finished in about 40 minutes, thanks to Success® Whole Grain Brown Rice.
If you are looking for a dinner idea that is pleasing to the eye, healthy, delicious, and surprisingly fast, look no further.
Quick Stuffed Bell Peppers with Brown Rice
- 6 bell peppers, colors of your choice (orange and yellow are my favorites!)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp meat seasoning of your choice (for example: cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, fajita seasoning)
- 1 package Success® Whole Grain Brown Rice
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese, plus extra
1. Begin heating up water and a bag of Success® Whole Grain Brown Rice on the stove, following package directions (the package also gives instructions for microwave cooking, if you prefer that method). I opted to heat up 2 bags at once so that I could use the second bag for a different recipe, but you only need 1 for this recipe. When your rice is finished cooking, simply drain in the bag, and then carefully cut the top and remove it. Your rice will be cooked to perfection! 🙂
2. While your rice is cooking, on a second burner heat water in a large pot. Salt it and put a lid on it so it will boil faster. Meanwhile, begin cutting the tops out of your bell peppers, removing the seeds and the white pith from the insides.
3. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
4. Once the pot of water is boiling, add your bell peppers and put the lid back on. Cook for 5 minutes. Drain, and place back in the baking dish. Be VERY careful, as they will be quite hot. Also be sure to get the water out from the inside of the bell peppers.
5. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Once it is hot enough, add ground turkey and the spices of your choice. I used a fajita blend from Mrs. Dash, but many spice blends will do nicely. Once the meat is heated through, drain off any fat and then add rice, salsa and 1 cup of cheese.
Now it’s time to stuff those peppers! You should have enough filled to completely fill the insides of each pepper.
Now top each one with just a bit of extra cheese, and pop them in the oven, uncovered, for 20 minutes. The end result is delicious!
I love how easy Success® Rice made putting this dish together. Without it, I would have had to wait 45 minutes or so for the brown rice to be ready before putting the filling together. I also love that I could use brown rice in this dish, which is so good for your body, without having to spend any more time in the kitchen than I would have making white rice.
Over 300 Recipes!
I hope the stuffed bell peppers recipe makes its way to your dinner table in the near future. If you want more ideas, Success Rice has over 300 recipes for you to help you get breakfast, lunch or dinner on the table quickly. It’s a terrific place to go and get some new, quick dishes. You can also find great recipe inspirations, lifestyle tips and more by following Success Rice on Facebook and Pinterest.
Success® Rice is excited to be part of your home, and to help you get in and out of the kitchen faster. They are a participating brand in the “How Are You Cooking This Fall?” Sweepstakes over at O, The Oprah Magazine. They have a nice variety of culinary-themed prizes, so it’s definitely worth a few minutes of your time to get entered. Somebody’s going to win, so it might as well be you!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf Success® Rice.