Referral links may be included. If it’s being featured, it means we LOVE it! 🙂
This morning I was reviewing our summer calendar to get an idea of just how low key things might be over the next few months. I was a little surprised by what I saw, though! Our summer is going to be fun, but BUSY. It includes quite a few road trips for some fun family time together. We have several day trips planned, as well as a few plane trips. In all cases, though, there will be plenty of time together in the car, and that means that I need to get my snack strategy together.
I’m setting aside some great options right now, many of which I purchased from Thrive Market (details on how to get a sweet discount off your order at the end of the post), and a few that were sent to us and got rave reviews from my kiddos. So now I present some of my favorite (mostly) organic snacks for kids that are just perfect for all those summer road trips!
These are snacks that might be found in conventional grocery stores now (times have changed for the better!) or they may be items you’d have better luck finding online. Let’s break down what we are currently loving and will be joyfully snacking on all summer.
1. Pamela’s Whenever Bars (found at Thrive Market, also available on Amazon). To me these taste like super awesome breakfast cookies. Love that they are loaded with 180mg of Omega 3 fatty acids! Gluten-free, too. Very filling!
2. Organic Slammers (sent to us, find them at Target). Hands-down, these are my kids favorite squeezes. I love the inclusion of super foods!
3. Smithfield Ready, Snack, Go (sent to us, find at Walmart)! So these aren’t organic, but they get MAJOR points for being a completely different type of snack. This is a travel-ready roll up of meat and cheese. They have a nice variety of flavors from which to choose. Obviously this needs to not travel for too long without refrigeration, but I think it’s the perfect choice for 10 minutes into your trip when the first child announces s/he is hungry (you know it will happen). What a great way to get a little protein in, too.
4. Little Duck Organics (sent to us, find on Amazon). These are especially good if you have toddlers in tow, but even if you are past that season of life, grab some of those tiny fruits. They are SOOO yum! Definitely take a look at their wide variety of products. Something for everyone in the car, I promise.
5. Earth Balance PB Popps (purchased at Thrive Market, also on Amazon). We are total popcorn fanatics in my house, and also peanut butter lovers. So what’s not to love about the combo? This is a gluten-free, dairy free treat if you are looking to avoid either. The bag is resealable, but there’s no way you won’t rip through the whole bag in one shot, especially is everyone in the car wants a bite!
6. Back to Nature Mini Chocolate Chunk Cookies (Thrive Market, also on Amazon). Cookies are obviously going to be a big hit, and I especially like these because each child gets a bag, which will cut down on the arguing over who got to eat more cookies. I like Back to Nature because there’s no HFCS and because the company uses Rainforest Alliance Certified cocoa, which means enjoying this yummy chocolate isn’t coming at a cost to the community where it is being grown.
7. Clif Kid Organic ZBars (Thrive Market, also on Amazon). We are going to be catching a very early morning flight on one of our trips this summer, which means breakfast that day is going to be weird. That’s when I’ll be reaching for these bars to help give my kiddos some great fuel for the start of their day. My husband also loved Clif bars as a teenager, so he feels brand loyal to them, and loved seeing that they have a line for kids, now.
8. Nutiva O’Coconut (sent to us, also on Amazon). This is one of my very favorite snacks EVAH. My kids will be lucky if they get to eat one of these with me in the same car, because I will want to hoard them, for sure. They taste like coconut macaroons, guys. Little chunks of heaven, I tell you!
So that’s what we are going to be packing up on our trips this summer. I hope I exposed you to some stuff that’s totally new to you. Pick a few out and give them a try and see what you think! And if you want to try shopping at Thrive Market online, feel free to use my referral link because that gives you 30 days of free shopping (there’s a yearly membership fee beyond that) AND 15% off your first order (that’s a pretty sweet discount off a grocery bill!). Go forth and get all the yummy snacks!