This post was created in partnership with Quaker. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
So it’s Saturday morning and I’m staring at a task list that is ambitious, to say the least:
1. Attempt a coupon match-up when shopping at my local grocery store, Bi-Lo, for this week’s groceries. The couponing is inspired by the gross amount of money we are about to spend and have already spent this week (see #2 and #7).
2. Head to Home Depot and/or Lowe’s and pick out a small outdoor storage shed.
3. Itemize all of the stuff in the trunk of my car that needs to go to the thrift store.
4. Head over to Walmart for a few purchases I can’t make at Bi-Lo.
5. Take photos for 4 different upcoming blog posts.
6. Prepare lunch and dinner for the crew today.
7. Implement some of the organizing ideas we learned from the professional organizer we hired this week.
Ok, so that wore me out a little bit just writing it all down. Today is definitely going to be an exercise in speed and endurance. So I need to fuel up this morning with something that is going to give me a good start. And I’m NOT adding “cook breakfast” to that already lengthy list!
Here’s my breakfast!
This is a Quaker Breakfast Shake ($2 off coupon here: http://bit.ly/1cSke6n ) . I’m drinking strawberry this morning, and will be trying chocolate tomorrow morning. As someone who LOVES drinks that are cold and sweet, this is definitely a winner! If I was getting a later start, I could have even taken this with me in the car while running errands.
And as for the taste? Really good! It is thick, but still very easy to drink with a straw. It is shockingly smooth, as well. I was expecting it to have a bit more “grit” to it, considering that is does contain whole grain oats (8 g). But nope! And that’s a good thing for folks with texture issues.
Additionally, it gets me started with 10g of protein and 6g of fiber (that’s 24% of my daily need!). It also comes it at a very reasonable 200 calories.
If your mornings are too busy for a hot breakfast, and you even think that they are too busy for a cold breakfast, definitely check out Quaker Breakfast shakes. Throw them in the fridge, and then grab and go as you head out the door.
What are you up to this weekend? Anything more fun/exciting/less expensive than what’s in store for me? I hope so! 🙂