I hope you all enjoy these delicious, easy side dishes from my good friend Desi!
Y’all– I LOVE to cook. But, it definitely hasn’t always been that way. I used to view cooking as a chore– one of those necessary evils that I had to do each day.
However, over the past few years, I have truly began to find joy in providing my family with a hot, home-cooked meal each night. There’s just something about seeing a my family truly enjoy food that I have prepared that is completely satisfying.
Finding joy in cooking has opened the door for me to try a lot of new recipes. Still, for a long time, I continued to struggle with side dishes. I felt like I was always making the same few dishes, or a slight variation of them. So, I made a point to try new sides, including new ingredients that weren’t in the “normal rotation” for my family.
Sure, we had a few duds. But, we also discovered some true gems that we now enjoy often.
These are 15 of my absolute favorite side dish recipes. Hopefully, you will discover some new ones that your family will enjoy as well.
1. Make Zucchini like in Japanese Restaurants from Wee Share
2. Crock Pot Baked Potatoes from Skip to My Lou
3. Oven-Roasted Vegetables from I Like Food and So Do You
4. BLT Deviled Eggs from Food Network
5. Cucumber Tomato Salad from KojoDesigns
6. Cheesy Rice with Broccoli from Macaroni and Cheesecake
7. Oven Fried Okra from Cookin’ Cowgirl
8. Whipped Garlic Mashed Potatoes from Cook & Craft Me Crazy
9. Spaghetti Squash with Butter and Garlic from SparkPeople
10. The Best Broccoli of Your Life from The Amateur Gourmet
11. Easy Parmesan Knots from Real Mom Kitchen
12. 7Up Biscuits from Plain Chicken
13. Guacamole from Nom Nom Paleo
14. Corn on the Cob: Four Ways from Baked by Rachel
15. Blasted Broccoli from Dana Treat
Let me know what you try! I’d love to hear what you think.
Do you have a favorite side dish recipe? I would love to hear about that as well. I am always looking for tasty new options to serve my family!
Desi is mom to a wonderful 5 year old daughter and married to her high school sweetheart. She began Wee Share in 2009 and often shares the products she loves, crafts, recipes, and tips to make your Disney vacation the best yet. She can also find her on Pinterest, Facebook, twitter, and Instagram.