This post is for all the families out there who have cats. The House of M (as we call ourselves) is a cat family, for sure. We will likely always have a cat as a standing member of our clan. At the moment, we have 2 cats. This makes for lots of love, lots of hair around the house, and LOTS of smelly cat litter to frequently clean/change out.
Tim and I have had a cat since 2005. We’ve been through so much litter during these past 5 years, and we have tried several different brands. First we tried Feline Pine. It was the cat litter of choice at the shelter where we got Hattie. It is also very environmentally friendly. Some people love it, but in our experience, it didn’t flush down the toilet as promised (we ended up having to get a plumber out to clear out our litter mess, setting us back $100). And most importantly, IT SMELLED. There was just no denying that there was a litter box in the room, folks.
Then we went the completely opposite route. We bought Tidy Cat. We threw our environmental concerns out the window and just hoped for the best with the cheapest litter we could find. It worked ok. The smell was better than Feline Pine. But then our conscious started to get to us. This stuff was bad for the earth and also bad for our kitties (definitely not something that should ingest).
We then went with Fresh Step. Now I have to say, Fresh Step totally worked in terms of containing the smell. I think that is what it is known for. But it is another brand that is bad for the environment, and there are all kinds of reports online of cats who have Fresh Step (and other similar products) stuck in their stomachs. Ugh……
What to do? If we control odor, it comes at the cost of our cat’s health and the environment. If we do the right thing for our cats and the earth, our house reeks of cat poop and pee.
World’s Best Cat Litter
My friends….there’s another option!!! There is a product called World’s Best Cat Litter. The name is a bit presumptuous, don’t you think? But I now realize that when you really are the best in the world, you might as well just go ahead and put it out there.
Here are some key things to know about World’s Best Cat Litter:
1. It is the only litter made from whole-kernel corn. It naturally has a micro-porous structure that traps nasty ammonia odor in every clump, without using artificial perfumes or scents!
2. This litter clumps moisture on contact, and each clump locks in odors. This quick clumping also keeps the rest of the litter dry, which means that you won’t have to change it as often. Hooray!
3. You can flush the clumps you scoop out of the litter box in the toilet! They disperse in water. Very cool!
4. When you are scooping the litter, it doesn’t smell. This is revolutionary, people!
5. Because of the quick-clumping nature of World’s Best Cat Litter, one bag will last up to 2 or 3 times longer than other clumping litters. That keeps more of your money in your bank account and out of the litter box. A small bag can last 1 cat over 4 weeks!
6. Because this litter is all-natural, there is nothing harmful for your cats to ingest, and no harmful dust for your family to inhale.
If you aren’t sold yet, just take a look at this video and see how World’s Best Cat Litter works!
The World’s Best Cat litter site has a list of retailers. Check it out! I just found out that the Kroger that I shop at weekly carries it. I have already added this litter to my shopping list for this week! You can also find it at Amazon.
Win it!: World’s Best Cat litter is going to send one lucky kitty (and one very lucky kitty owner) a bag of litter to try out, and to fall in love with (and yes, you will fall in love!). The contest will run until July 23rd at 7:59pm CST when a winner will be selected using Random.org. The winner will have 48 hours to respond to the winning notification email before the prize is forfeited and a new winner is selected. Limit one entrant per household, please. Open to residents of the United States.
Mandatory Entry: Tell me what cat litter you use now, and your biggest beef with it (if you have one).
1. Follow World’s Best Cat Litter on Twitter
2. “Like” world’s Best Cat Litter on Facebook
3. Follow Stuff Parents Need on Twitter
4. “Like” Stuff Parents Need on Facebook
5. Subscribe to Stuff Parents Need by email, RSS or Google Friend Connect (only one extra entry, even if you subscribe multiple ways)
6. If you are a blogger (and have written a post in the last 3 months), add my button to your blog and send me the url so that I can see it.
Be sure to check out my other current giveaways (listed on the sidebar of my main page).
Disclosure: I was sent a complimentary product to facilitate my review. The opinions expressed here are strictly my own. This post may contain affiliate links.