When a company has been around since 1873, they are clearly doing something right.
Such is the case for a children’s shoe company that hails from Japan, called Tsukihoshi (in Japanese it means Moon and Star). This company has seriously impressed me with its thoughtful design. Shoes by Tsukihoshi have several fantastic features:
- Solid half sock board and solid heel counter provide stability in the heel area, which is especially important for children, as they have a tendency to over-pronate (land on the arch side) when walking.
- Molded Cup Insole that is designed for children’s arches, which have not yet fully formed and need special care.
- Flex-Joint Outsole that helps children’s feet to bend along the line from the joint of the big to to that of the little toe. This is a great feature because children’s feet, being not yet fully developed, are not able to bend and kick forward very well.
- Space in the toe area to keep the child’s toe in an unrestricted position, which helps control the common problem of excessive inward tilting toward the arches when walking or running.
- The Cup-Insole is coated with Green-Tea Polyphenol which deodorizes the smell in shoes.
- Tsukihoshi shoes are machine washable and can be air dried.
Darah is LOVING her style 28 child’s shoes (also called Wheel). I love the fun color combination, and I am very excited to see how easily she can get these on and off all by herself. That saves me some hassle and makes her feel more independent! I’ve asked her if her shoes feel comfortable to her feet, and she has given me a good report. I haven’t seen any blisters, either, as sometimes those appear when we get a new pair of shoes. Not this time!
When I used the store locator on the Tsukihoshi website to find my nearest retailer, I was excited to see that a local shoe store just 8 minutes from my home carries the brand. I’m already planning a trip to go look at more styles! Where is your nearest Tsukihoshi retailer?
Win it!: One lucky Stuff Parents Need reader will win a pair of Tsukihoshi shoes! Winner gets their choice of style from the Spring ’13 line!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Be sure to enter my other current giveaways, found on the sidebar of my page.
I received a complimentary product for review purposes. All thoughts and opinions expressed here are strictly my own.