The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free. All thoughts and opinions are those of the reviewer, alone.
Let me paint a picture for you, friends. We live in a SMALL home (1329 square feet, to be exact). And the central hub of our house is one smallish room that contains the kitchen, living room and dining room all together. Our vacuum is out all the time because we have a toddler and a preschooler. Things get REALLY messy, REALLY fast.
I can’t even begin to tell you how many times I have tripped over the cords and the hose of our vacuum. But putting it back in the closet is a futile endeavor because we are just going to have to vacuum again the next day.
And then I heard the news. The TOTALLY AWESOME NEWS. Dyson was coming out with a cordless vacuum that had all the power of a full-size upright vacuum.
Cue the angels!!!
Best Buy recently heard of my vacuum cord woes, and sent me the Dyson DC59 to put to the test in my small yet remarkably crumb-filled home, and I want to share with you our experience.
Here’s what I have discovered about this model:
- It has a 26 minute cleaning time, which doesn’t make it the ideal choice if you plan to vacuum every room in your house all at once. This is NEVER a problem for me, as it is impossible for me to have more than one room at a time picked up enough for vacuuming! After I vacuum the room that is ready to be cleaned, I just pop it back into its pretty holder on the wall, and that is how it gets recharged. Easy peasy!
- It has a re-engineered brush bar for hard floor AND carpet cleaning. It moves seamlessly from our hard floors in the dining room to the rug in the living room.
- Is has 3 times the suction of any other cordless vacuum in use. The DysonDC59 using a V6 motor, and that gives it the ability to perform like an upright vacuum. Also of note: the motor spins 5 times faster than a Formula One racecar! Take that, dirt!
- It weighs 4.65 lbs. It is a breeze to use, and this feature also makes it an attractive option for anyone who shouldn’t be lifting heavy objects for any reason. Or if you need to vacuum with a baby on your hip (been there, done that!).
- It has 15 cyclones that work across 2 tiers to increase air flow and capture fine dust. I have certainly noticed that it picks up a great deal of fine dirt particles in my house, which is something my old vacuum seemed to blow right past.
- Is has a hygienic one-touch emptying system (with buttons on both sides to accommodate folks who are left handed, as well as all of us righties). And just look at all the dirt it gets up with just a quick vacuum. Yuck!
- It is SO easy and comfortable to use. The maneuverability of this machine is so amazing, friends. Now I understand why people love owning Dyson products. They are designed to make vacuuming easier and to get your home cleaner faster, and in my experience, they succeed mightily in those endeavors.
The Dyson DC59 is currently available for $499.00 at Best Buy. If you could really use a new vacuum and are ready to get a truly awesome one, you can’t go wrong with this model. Ditch the cords and get a Dyson!