By Alanna Peters
I received complimentary product and compensation from Graco® for this post. We are huge Graco® fans at our house so I’m thrilled to share with you a little story about how much we like their products!
I realize that many of you have been dealing with some COLD temperatures lately. So let me apologize in advance when I say that it has been absolutely BEAUTIFUL here in Southern California. This beautiful weather has led to lots of park days for us!
These past couple weeks have really been the first introduction to playing at the park for my baby. She enjoys climbing around on the play structures and eating sand (who’s idea was it to put sand in a playground, anyway?!), but there is one park staple that is totally her jam. You guys, Katrina is OBSESSED with the swings. I decided to put her in one of the baby swings and push her for a while, and she loved it. That happy, joyful smile was adorable! After a little while I figured we’d move on to something else so I reached in to pull her out. Uh-oh… That baby was STUCK. I swear, there was glue in the swing! Any time she saw me so much as THINK about taking her out she held on with a death grip and tensed her legs so that I couldn’t get her out. And so the love affair with the swing began…
As much fun as it is to go to the park every. single. day. a mom can only handle so much. We do have a swing in our backyard, which she also loves, but there are times when I actually need to be in the house. Like when it’s dark outside. Or I’m cooking, or folding laundry, etc. And still Katrina likes to swing! Enter the Graco® Simple Sway™ Swing.
I was afraid she would be too old for a baby swing but I was pleasantly surprised to find that she loves it! Most swings can’t really be used for babies over 6 months but the Simple Sway Swing holds babies from 5.5 lbs all the way up to 30 lbs. My chunky nugget is definitely still within the weight range! She loves to lounge in the seat and watch me while I cook, or sit and laugh while her sister performs some awesome dance moves for her.
If you’ve been following us on social media, you already know that Katrina and I attended a Graco® Live party last week. We had such a great time! First of all, our hostess has an amazingly gorgeous home, and she provided us with delicious brunch goodies and great conversation. Katrina was thrilled with the berries and French toast sticks, and I was loving the Greek yogurt and granola. (The donut holes were a nice touch too!)
While we nibbled on our brunch, all the babies (they ranged from about 5 weeks all the way up to 12 months) got a chance to try out the Graco® Simple Sway™ Swing. Every single one of them loved it! All of us moms chatted about parenting, blogging, and of course, our favorite Graco® products. We even played a fun game to see who could do the fastest in-lap diaper change. Sad to say I did not win, but I was pretty darn fast, let me tell you!
We also spent some time chatting with the Graco® rep and looking at some new Graco® products, including the Graco® Swivi Seat™ Highchair and the new Graco® Pack ‘n Play® Playard Portable Napper and Changer™. And of course, the Graco® Simple Sway™ Swing!
Some of the highlights of this swing are:
1) Its size! This swing has a small footprint so it’s great for smaller houses. My house is only 1200 square feet so we don’t have a lot of room to spare for big, bulky baby equipment. This swing is small enough to tuck away into a corner without being underfoot.
2) It is lightweight. The swing only weighs around 19lbs so it’s super easy to move from room to room.
3) IT PLUGS IN. Yes, it takes batteries, but no need to worry about running out of battery power mid-nap. This swing can be plugged in which saves you money on batteries, and also eliminates the need for running out to the store in the middle of the night for more batteries. (Or from pushing the swing with your foot for hours on end.)
4) The seat vibrates. This swing can also double as a vibrating bouncer seat for a newborn. (Or your older baby might just like having their bottom vibrated, like Katrina does.)
5) The swing plays 5 nature sounds and 10 songs, and has a multi-volume control.
6) It operates quietly! This has been a deal-breaker for us with swings in the past. Every other swing we’ve owned has had an awful clicking or grinding sound but this one does NOT. It operates so quietly it’s like a dream come true. It has 6 different swing speeds so you can set it to your baby’s liking. (If you have a heavier baby like mine you’ll want it at level 6 to keep them moving!)
I definitely think this swing is a great value for all these great features! It provides several options for soothing your baby and is still easy to move from room to room (or patio!) when necessary.
You guys, I am a huge fan of Graco®. I did a quick inventory of my home (and vehicles) and realized that the majority of the baby products we own are made by Graco®. The company has been around for more than 60 years and is a leading innovator of baby and children’s products. We’ve owned their car seats, strollers, highchairs, playards, swings and more! Graco® is definitely a brand that I trust for quality products for my family.
Now please excuse me. I’d love to chat more but I need to go put my baby in a swing! 😉
In closing, I’ll leave you with some adorable photos from our Graco® Live party.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Graco®.