Are you starting to get excited about all things pumpkin? The time is just around the corner, friends! And with it comes all things Halloween! Today I have a fun Halloween breakfast recipe for you to check out that makes good use of the most popular fall flavor. It’s a fun and festive breakfast, and best of all, it’s seriously healthy! Chia seeds, coconut and pumpkin join forces to provide some powerful nutrition for you and your kiddos to get through a busy day!
Spooky Pumpkin Coconut Chia Pudding
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 15 oz can coconut milk (not coconut milk in a carton, which is too thin)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- shredded unsweetened coconut for garnish
- 3 chocolate chip pieces or raisins
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except for coconut together in a bowl, and mix well to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours (this gives the chia seeds time to expand).
- Put pudding into serving bowls, and then top with coconut flakes to create ghosts. You can use chocolate chips and/or raisins to make the eyes and mouth.
- Stir together chia seeds, coconut milk, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and maple syrup (if using). Half the mixture and pour into two containers. Cover and refrigerate overnight. If you’re in a rush, less time will do — I’d recommend at least 3-4 hours. You’ll want to wait until you’re ready to serve the chia pudding before preparing your toppings.
I get 4 servings out of this recipe. I hope your family loves it as much as mine does!