Are you familiar with the fantastic children’s book called “The North Star“? It’s all about the realization that life is a journey, and that there are many different paths to take, and we have to find our own North Star to help guide us on the path that is just right for us. Raise your hand if you are a grown up who could benefit from reading this story. Me, too! Scholastic has just put it out on DVD, so now’s the perfect time to enjoy this fantastic story with your little one. You’ll both learn valuable lessons from it, guaranteed! The DVD contains other stories that all relate to the theme of following your dreams. It’s very inspirational, and I’m delighted to have it in our collection. It runs 57 minutes, and is available now for $14.95.
The second new release from Scholastic is so very perfect for the school age tots in your house. It’s called “The Scrambled States of America” and it makes learning the 50 states in the union a whole lot of fun! From the press release, “One day, Kansas wakes up grumpy and announces to his kindly neighbor Nebraska that life is dull and changes must be madeNebraska, sick of hearing North Dakota and South Dakota bicker all the time, agrees to help organize a party for all the states. When, at the party, they all decide to switch places to see a new part of the country, what will happen to “The Scrambled States of America?” While it isn’t yet holding Darah’s attention, I watched it and thought it was so fun! It also has several other really fun and award winning stories on the DVD. It’s a terrific choice for any child who might need to learn all the states in the near future. This dvd runs 66 minutes and includes extra features like discussion questions! It can be purchased for $14.95
Does your home not yet have a Scholastic DVD? What are you waiting for?! These are THE BEST out there, and you will not be disappointed. 90% of Darah’s videos are from Scholastic, and the other 10% rarely, if ever, make it to the DVD player. That’s the truth!
Win it!: Two lucky Stuff Parents Need readers are about to win! One will win “The North Star,” and the other will win “The Scrambled States of America.” The contest will run until June 10th at 11:59pm EST when a winner will be selected via Random.org. The winner will have 48 hours to respond to winning notification before the prize is forfeited and a new winner is selected. Open to residents of the United States. Limit one entrant per household, please.
REMEMBER, YOU MUST BE A PUBLIC FOLLOWER VIA GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR A GIVEAWAY. YOU CAN SIGN UP THROUGH THE SIDEBAR OF MY HOMEPAGE IF YOU HAVEN’T DONE SO ALREADY.
Mandatory entry: Tell me which dvd you’d like to win, and why you want it.
1. Sponsor love: Subscribe to the Scholastic newsletter (found on the bottom right side of the linked page)
2. Blogger love: Follow Stuff Parents Need on Twitter
Be sure to enter my other current giveaways, found on the sidebar of my homepage.
Disclosure: I received complimentary products for review purposes. The opinions expressed here are strictly my own.